Trip Blog - Bowral NSW to Cooroy QLD

Follow me a I do the run up to the Horizons Unlimited annual bash.

It is in Cooroy QLD this year and as luck would have it I'll be traversing some of QLD's great motorcycle roads to get there!

WebWork by...

WebWork by...
Online Business, Software, and Website Development

TwoWheelTouring Subscribe

Visitors to date

Thursday, April 22, 2010
I tend to do a number of these trips each year so I have most of my gear sitting ready and a list to check off to make sure I brought everything I intended.

Usually only takes about 30 minutes... well usually. What has happened over years of traveling by motorcycle is that I've learned that I tend to over pack and by the end of week 1 I'm packing up and mailing stuff home from the nearest Post Office while en-route! For short trips such as this one though, I tend to do better. I have a list consisting of:

  1. What I will wear when on the bike
  2. 1 set of trousers, shirt, and shoes to wear when I'm not!
  3. A toilet bag with shaving stuff, tooth paste, shampoo and aspirin.
  4. Cameras, computers, mobile phone, chargers.
  5. Bike roadside repair stuff
It's that simple!

I'm looking forward to this years annual meet for Horizons Unlimited as last years was a bit of a wash out due to torrential rains. It was held in Mitta Mitta in VIC. lots of interesting speakers and people to meet but lots of rain too.

After the event I rode down to the VIC bush fire area to view the damage and carage from a few months before, in burnt out King Lake, Marysville, and the rest. I found the local businesses that were trading happy to see people coming and spending. A large part of their income down there feeds on logging and tourism and both were pretty hard hit as a result of the fires.

 There are some photos on my website. Click HERE go to my gallery on TwoWheelTouring


Follow this blog and other Motorcycle Blogs on TwoWheelTouring Trip Blogs

0 comments: